Work Hours: Full-Time: 1st & 2nd Shifts – $10-$16 per hour
Job Requirement: 3-5 Years Minimum Experience Required. With more than 5 years experience in a sheet metal contract manufacturing/job shop environment, higher pay is negotiable. A Mig Welder will Fit and Weld sheet metal parts to the specifications of each job, and ensure they meet the outlined requirements. Specifications are gathered from work orders, customer drawings, sample parts, and/or completed assemblies.
Job Duties Include:
• Welding components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
• Examining work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with calipers, straightedges, templates, etc., to ensure conformance with specifications
• Welding separately or in combination, using steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and other alloys;
• Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding or bolting component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding;
• Determining appropriate welding technique;
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance;
• Produce the maximum number of parts in minimum time by working efficiently.
• Follow company procedures and safety rules.
To be considered, Applicants for this position must:
• Be able to read basic blueprints with knowledge of welding symbols.
• Be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and vendors as needed;
• Be able to lift up to 100 lbs;
• Be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat, reach and perform repetitive hand and finger movements;
• Be able to work in cold or hot temperatures in plant.
Please call 757-599-5959 for more information.